Salmon-Cucumber-Dill Cream Napoleons
1/2 package (17 1/4-ounce size) Pepperidge Farm® Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets (1
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed or 3 teaspoons dried dill weed, crushed
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Swanson® Chicken Broth (about 1 3/4 cups)
1/4 cup Chablis or other dry white wine (optional)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 salmon fillets, 1 inch thick each (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1. Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat
oven to 400°F.
2. Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Cut into 3 strips along fold marks.
Cut each strip into 2 rectangles. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
Bake 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
3. In small bowl mix sour cream, cucumber and 2 tablespoons dill. Refrigerate
until serving time.
4. In medium skillet mix broth, wine, pepper and remaining dill. Over
medium-high heat, heat to a boil. Place fish in broth mixture.
Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when
tested with a fork.
5. Split pastries into 2 layers, making 12 layers in all. Spread 1 tablespoon
sour cream mixture on each of 6 bottom layers.
With slotted spoon gently remove fish from broth mixture and place on sour cream
layers. Top each with 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture and top halves.
Discard broth mixture. Serve with remaining sour cream mixture.
Makes 6 napoleons.
Tip: Cucumber dill cream can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator for up to