Chicken-Filled Crepe Party Purses
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
1-1/4 cups milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cooking oil
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
6 green onions
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 5.2-ounce package Boursin cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
Red sweet pepper (optional)
1. For crepes, in a blender container combine the milk, flour, egg, cooking oil,
baking powder, and salt; cover and blend until smooth. Heat a very lightly
greased nonstick 7-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; spoon 2
tablespoons of the batter into center of the skillet. Lift and tilt skillet to
2. Return to heat; cook for 1 minute or until light brown. Turn with a spatula;
cook second side for 30 seconds. Carefully slide finished crepe onto a plate
lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter, keeping crepes covered as
you prepare them. Set crepes aside.
3. Clean green onions; trim and discard root ends. Thinly slice white parts;
reserve 12 whole green top pieces. In a large skillet bring 1/2 cup water just
to boiling. Add green onion tops; cook for 30 seconds. Immediately rinse with
cold water; drain on paper towels and set aside.
4. In the same skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced white
parts of onions, cooked chicken, and white pepper; cook just until chicken is
heated through. Add broth and wine; bring to boiling.
5. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until liquid is reduced
by half. Add cheese and tarragon; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Strain
mixture, reserving liquid for sauce and solids for crepe filling. Cover sauce
and keep warm.
6. For each serving, spoon about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture onto a crepe;
pull up sides to make a "purse". Tie purse closed with a cooked green onion top.
Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce onto each plate; set purse in center. If desired,
garnish with red pepper. Makes 12.
7. Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare crepes. Stack crepes, placing two sheets of waxed
paper between each one. Place in large plastic freezer bag; seal, label, and
freeze up to 1 month.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 147, total fat: 7g, saturated fat: 4g, cholesterol: 46mg, sodium:
109mg, carbohydrate: 9g, fiber: 0g, protein: 9g, vitamin A: 6%, vitamin C: 2%,
calcium: 4%, iron: 5%