Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Posted by: Tuddles Thu, 25 Mar 2004, at 5:38 a.m.
1 ten inch Bundt pan
1 and a half sticks unsalted butter softened (plus 2 tablespoons for buttering
a quarter cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
a quarter cup sugar
2 and a quarter cups or 12 ounces fresh (if possible, or frozen) blueberries
(3 quarters of a cup for each layer)
3 cups unbleached white flour (plus 1 tablespoon to toss with fresh blueberries)
1 and a half cups sugar
1 and a half teaspoons baking powder
1 and a half teaspoons baking soda
a half teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
2 cups sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Set oven rack 1 third up from the bottom of the oven.
Butter and flour bundt pan.
2. In a small bowl combine quarter cup sugar, light brown sugar and cinnamon. In
a separate medium bowl toss fresh blueberries in a tablespoon of flour. In a
large bowl sift all remaining dry ingredients.
3. In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter
and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add vanilla. Then add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Scrape down
5. Add flour mixture, alternating with sour cream, mixing until just
incorporated. Scrape down sides in between additions.
6. Spread one third of the batter carefully on bottom of bundt pan, then add 1
third of the blueberries and sprinkle with1 third of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Repeat 2 times, finishing with the blueberries and the cinnamon sugar mixture.
7. Bake for 1 hour until cake is golden brown and set, and sides beginto pull
away from the pan. Let cool completely and then unmold and turn rightside up.
Serves ten to twelve.