Baked Potato Salad Casserole
3 Potatoes, Idaho, medium-size
1 1/3 ts Salt
2 tbs Salad oil
1/2 c Onion, chopped
1 ts Mustard, prepared
1/4 ts Celery seed
2 tbs Cider vinegar
1/2 c Green pepper, diced
1/4 c Carrot, shredded
1. Put potatoes in a large saucepan with 1 inch cold water and 1 teaspoon salt;
bring to a boil.
2. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender; drain
3. Peel potatoes and slice 1/4-inch thick; set aside.
4. Heat oil in a medium-size skillet; saute onion until soft.
5. Stir in flour, mustard, celery seed and remaining 1/3 teaspoon salt.
6. Gradually add 1/2 cup water and vinegar; cook over low heat, stirring
constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
7. Combine potatoes, green pepper and carrots in a bowl; add sauce, mixing well.
8. Spoon half the mixture into a shallow 8x8-inch baking dish; sprinkle with 1/2
9. Cover with remaining potato mixture and cheese.
10. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350'F. oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese
is melted and vegetables are hot.