Bell Pepper With Rice Dressing
Source: Grace Graugnard.
8 medium bell peppers
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
2 onions, chopped
3 tsps. salt
1 tsp. red pepper
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1 bunch shallots, chopped
1 tbl. chopped parsley
1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
1. Clean 8 medium bell peppers, removing the tops and seeds. Wash peppers. Set 6
aside to stuff. Chop two of the bell peppers and the pepper tops as seasoning.
2. Brown beef, pork, chopped onions and chopped bell pepper until well cooked.
3. Melt chicken bouillon cubes in 3 cups of boiling water and cook rice in
boiling water until fluffy.
4. Drain rice and add to meat mixture, mixing well.
5. Add chopped shallots and parsley. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally and
cooking about 20 minutes.
6. Boil the six cleaned bell peppers for about five minutes. Remove from water
and drain well.
7. Fill peppers with rice and meat mixture. Place in a casserole dish with about
1/4 inch of water.
8. Top with crushed crackers and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Note: Grace Graugnard uses this same meat and rice mixture as a dressing with
chicken and turkey.
Serves 8 to 16