Monte Cristo Casserole
Posted by: Mai Tue 14 Jun 2005 12:34 pm
1 cup nonfat milk
6 eggs or 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
2 (12.5 ounces) packages frozen French toast, slices, thawed
8 ounces deli ham, diced
8 ounces deli turkey, diced
4 ounces swiss cheese, grated
1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping
1. Preheat oven to 375^F.
2. Pour milk in a microwaveable container and heat until hot.
3. Whisk eggs in small bowl and add hot milk to eggs, blend.
4. Cut French toast into 3/4 inch cubes; place in a large bowl.
5. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes, toss gently, set aside.
6. Combine ham, turkey, cheese and parsley in a bowl.
7. Spray a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
8. Layer half the French toast cubes with half the meat mixture in bottom of
10. Let stand for at least 10 minutes (It can be held overnight.) Set at room
temperature for a few minutes before baking-or bake a little longer if it's
11. Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown and set in center.
12. Cool 10 minutes.
13. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
14. Slice strawberries.
15. Combine strawberries with strawberry ice cream topping in a small bowl.
16. Cut casserole into squares.
17. Serve topped with strawberry mixture.