Turkey Cranberry Casserole
4 x 6 oz (175 g) pieces raw turkey seasoned flour
3 tbsp oil
2 celery stalks, strings removed
2 large onions, quartered
2 tbsp corn flour
1/2 pt (300 ml) chicken stock
8 oz (225 g) cranberry sauce
4 oz (110 g) mushrooms, quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) Gas Mk 4.
2. Roll the turkey pieces in the seasoned flour.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the turkey until lightly browned.
4. Drain and place in a casserole dish.
5. Cut the celery into 1 inch (2.5 cm) lengths. Add the celery and onions to the
frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on top of the turkey.
7. Stir the corn flour into the frying pan and mix to a smooth paste.
8. Gradually add the stock and cranberry sauce.
9. Bring to the boil stirring constantly, then pour over the chicken and
10. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Add the mushrooms 15 minutes
before the end of the cooking time.