Chocolate Covered Raisin Cookies in a
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chocolate covered raisins
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Layer ingredients in
order given in a quart size wide mouth canning jar. Press each layer firmly in
place making sure you really pack it down before you add the flour mixture, it
will be a tight fit but it will work.
Attach instructions to the jar:
Chocolate Covered Raisin Cookies
1. Empty cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend
2. Add 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened at room temperature. DO NOT USE
DIET MARGARINE. Add 1 egg, slightly beaten, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
3. Mix until completely blended. You may need to finish mixing with your hands.
4. Shape into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on a parchment lined
cookie sheet. DO NOT USE WAXED PAPER.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) 13 to 15 minutes until tops are very
lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to racks to
Makes 2 1/2 dozen