Chunky Chocolate Cookies In A Jar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup jumbo chocolate chips
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2 Layer ingredients in order in a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar. Make sure you
pack all down firmly before adding the flour mixture - it will be a tight fit.
NOTE: Wipe down the inside of the jar after you add the cocoa powder.
3 Instructions to attach to jar:
Chunky Chocolate Cookies
1. Empty jar of cookie mix into a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to
thoroughly blend mix.
2. Add 3/4 cup butter or margarine softened at room temp.Add 1 egg, slightly
beaten, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
3. Mix until completely blended. The dough is sticky. you will need to finish
mixing with your hands.
4. Shape into walnut size balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment lined
baking sheets. DO NOT USE WAXED PAPER.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 11 to 13 minutes Cool 5
minutes on baking sheet. Remove to racks to finish cooling.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.