M & M Cookie Mix In A Jar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups mini candy-coated chocolates
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Combine the flour with baking soda and salt.
2 In a clean 1 liter sized glass jar layer the ingredients in the order given
starting with the brown sugar and ending with the flour mixture.
3 Attach a card with the following directions:
M & M Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line one baking sheet with
2. Empty the contents of the jar into a large bowl and mix until all the
ingredients are well combined.
3. Using your hands work in 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine until the
mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Work this into the flour mixture
until well combined.
Dough will be a little crumbly.
5. Shape dough into 1 inch sized balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared
baking sheet. Slightly flatten the balls with the palm of your hand. Bake at 350
degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges are lightly
browned. Remove cookies to a rack to cool.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.