Orange Slice Cookie Mix In A Jar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 (10.5 ounce) package orange
slices candy, quartered
1 Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
2 Layer ingredients in order given in a quart sized "wide mouth" canning jar.
Press each layer firmly in place. Add the orange candies last. It will be a
3 Attach these directions to jar:
Orange Slice Cookies
1. Remove orange slice candy from jar. Set aside.
2 Empty remaining cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to
thoroughly blend mix.
3. ADD: 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened at room temperature. DO NOT USE
MARGARINE. Add 1 egg slightly beaten and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
4. Mix until completely blended. You may need to finish mixing with your hands.
5. Mix in orange slice candy.
6. Shape into large sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on sprayed baking sheets.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are
Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.