Partridge with Garlic and Bacon
Source: Food Down Under
4 x Oven ready partridge
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 sprig fresh parsley
4 x Cloves garlic, peeled
8 x Rashers streaky bacon, derinded
150 ml Game or chicken stock, (1/4 pint)
1 tsp Corn flour
2 tbs Crème fraiche, up to 3
1. Season the partridge inside and out. Place a knob of butter, sprig of parsley
and clove of garlic inside each partridge.
2. Wrap 2 rashers of bacon over the partridge , securing with a cocktail stick
and place in a roasting tin in a preheated oven 220 C, 425 F, Gas Mark 7 for
3. Remove the partridge and keep warm.
4. Heat the stock and juices from the pan, stirring in the corn flour blended
with a little cold water. Stir in the crème fraiche and seasoning to taste.
5. Serve the partridge with the sauce.
NOTES : This rich flavored bird makes a lovely dish for a dinner party or