Harris Ranch Southwestern Style Beef Pot Roast
• 3-1/2 to 4 pound Harris Ranch boneless beef chuck roast
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) peeled whole tomatoes, cut up, undrained
• 2 pounds medium red potatoes, cut into quarters
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolve in 2 tablespoons water
• 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Combine seasoning ingredients; press evenly into surface of beef pot roast.
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
Add pot roast: brown evenly.
Pour off drippings.
Add onion and tomatoes.
Bring to a boil: reduce heat to low.
Cover tightly and simmer 1 1/2-2 hours or until beef is tender.
Add potatoes to pan; cover and continue cooking about 35 minutes or until beef and potatoes are tender.
Remove beef and potatoes to serving platter; keep warm.
Strain cooking liquid: Skim off fat.
In same pan, return cooking liquid.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Add cornstarch mixture and green chilies; cook and stir 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
Stir in parsley. Serve pot roast with potato and sauce.