Kahlua Cheesecake Bars
6 T Unsalted butter or margarine
6 oz Semi-sweet chocolate
3/4 cup All purpose flour
1/2 t Baking powder
1/4 t Salt
3/4 cup Lightly brown sugar, packed
2 lg Eggs
1 T Instant espresso coffee
8 oz Cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
2 T All purpose flour
2 lg Eggs
3 T Kahlua or strong coffee
1 t Vanilla extract
1/2 t Ground cinnamon
SOUR CREAM LAYER
1 1/2 cups Sour cream
1/3 cup Sugar
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 13 X 9 inch pan.
2. BROWNIE LAYER: Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat.
Set aside to cool.
3. Mix flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl beat brown sugar, eggs,
powdered coffee and vanilla until blended. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture.
Spread batter in an even layer in prepared pan.
4. CHEESECAKE LAYER: Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour in a large bowl with an
electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time,
beating well after each. Beat in liqueur, vanilla and cinnamon. Carefully pour
over brownie layer and spread in an even layer. Bake 20 minutes until the top is
5. MEANWHILE MAKE SOUR CREAM LAYER: Mix sour cream and sugar. After bars have
baked 20 minutes, remove pan from oven and carefully spread sour cream mixture
over top. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer. Cool pan completely on wire
rack before cutting in bars.