Sandies Lemon Squares
2 cups Keebler Sandies Shortbread Cookies, crushed (approximately 14 cookies per
1/4 cup margarine, melted
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely chopped
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Combine Sandies Cookies and melted margarine in a mixing bowl. Press into a
13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Bake at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes then remove from oven.
3. Whisk together the remaining ingredients except the powdered sugar in a
mixing bowl. Pour over cookie crust.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from
oven and let cool.
5. To serve, dust with powdered sugar and cut into 2-inch squares.
Helpful Hints: To make lemon zest, use the fine side of a box grater or use a
potato peeler to remove the skin of the lemon. Cut the lemon peel into thin
slices and chop finely.
Crushed cookies can be prepared by placing cookies in a freezer or sandwich bag
and crushing with a rolling pin. Or, if preferred, pulse cookies within your
food processor to desired consistency.