Double Peanut Butter Paisley Brownies
Posted by: Karen Fri, 19 Mar 2004, at 4:14 a.m.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter. Add sugar and
brown sugar; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
addition. Blend in vanilla.
3. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; mix into peanut butter mixture,
blending well. Stir in REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips.
4. Spread half of batter into prepared pan; spoon HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup over
top. Carefully spread with remaining batter; swirl with metal spatula or knife
for marbled effect.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on
wire rack. Cut into squares.
Makes about 36 brownies.