Waffle Iron Brownies
1 C all-purpose flour
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
3/4 C sugar
1/3 C butter or margarine
2 T milk
2 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate
1 t. vanilla
2 large eggs
powdered sugar, as desired.
1. Preheat the waffle iron.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a small, heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and milk. Place over
medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring until the butter has melted.
4. Remove from the heat.
5. Add the unsweetened chocolate and vanilla. Stir until the chocolate melts and
the mixture is smooth.
6. Place into a pan of cold water to cool the mixture to room temperature
7. With an electric mixer, beat in the eggs.
8. Gradually add the flour mixture until smooth.
9. Drop rounded spoonfuls of the brownie mixture into the preheated waffle iron.
Close the iron and cook for about 2 minutes until the brownies are done.
10. Remove and cool on a rack.
11. If desired, dust with powdered sugar.