Posted by: Bev Wed, 8 Dec 2004, at 1:55 p.m
Source: Family Circle
Makes: about 3 dozen shortbread cookies.
Prep: 15 minutes.
Bake: at 325° for 20 minutes.
3 cups cake flour or all-purpose flour
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and ground
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 square each white and semisweet chocolate, melted (optional)
1. Heat oven to 325°.
2. Stir together flour, confectioners' sugar, hazelnuts and salt in medium-size
3. Cut butter into flour mixture with pastry blender until mixture resembles
coarse meal. Knead until mixture holds together. Divide dough in half.
4. Rollout one-half of the dough to about 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured
surface. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut out circles and place on ungreased
baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Repeat, using all dough. Prick with fork.
5. Bake at 325° for about 20 minutes, or until cookies just start to get golden.
Cool completely on wire rack.
6. Optional: Pour each melted chocolate into a small plastic re-sealable bag.
Cut a small hole in the corner of each bag and drizzle cooled shortbread with