Posted by: Bev Thur 16 Feb 2006 7:27 am
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Position rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 6-cup
popover pan or 6 (6-ounce) custard cups. Set custard cups in jellyroll pan for
2. Sift flour, granulated sugar, cocoa and salt into medium bowl; set aside.
3. Beat eggs in large bowl with electric mixer at low speed 1 minute. Beat in
milk, butter and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture until smooth.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 50 minutes.
5. Place pieces of waxed paper under wire rack to
keep counter clean.
6. Immediately remove popovers to wire rack. Place powdered sugar in fine-mesh
sieve. Generously sprinkle powdered sugar over popovers. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 popovers