Broiled Bluefish Fillets With Fennel
* 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
* 1 large garlic clove
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1) Preheat broiler and oil a shallow baking pan large enough to hold fillets in
2) Make fennel mayonnaise:
3) In a dry small skillet toast fennel seeds over moderate heat, stirring, until
4) Mince fennel seeds and garlic with salt and in a small bowl stir together
with mayonnaise, lemon juice, and pepper to taste.
5) Preheat broiler and oil a shallow baking pan large enough to hold fillets in
6) Arrange fillets in pan and spread fennel mayonnaise evenly over tops.
7) Broil fillets 3 inches from heat until just cooked through, about 7 minutes.