8 oz spaghetti
3 tbl unbleached flour
1 tsp dry mustard
1 lb catfish fillets
1 tbl sesame oil
1 cup snow peas julienned
1 c up carrots julienned
1/2 cup scallions julienned
1 clove garlic minced
1 tbl low sodium soy sauce
1 tbl toasted sesame seeds
* Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until just tender. Drain and
keep warm in an oven on the lowest setting.
* While pasta cooks, combine the flour and mustard in a shallow bowl. Dredge the
catfish in the flour; shake off the excess.
* In a large nonstick pan over medium high heat, warm the oil. Add the catfish,
cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate and keep
warm. Add the peas, carrots, scallions and garlic to the frying pan. Saute for 2
minutes. Add the soy sauce and mix well.
* Add the pasta, toss well, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving
platter. Top with the catfish. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
* Prep: 15 mins; cook: 15 mins.
* Variations: firm white fish, such as perch, flounder, or orange roughy.
* NOTES : Fresh catfish is firm when cooked, yet tender with a delicate flavor
that combines well with other foods. This dish pairs the fish with snow peas,
carrots and pasta.