Cheddar Bay Crab Bake
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1 3/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon fine parsley flakes
1/3 cup crab meat (fresh or canned lump)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine baking mix, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, milk, and 1 half of the
melted butter in a medium bowl. Mix by hand until well-combined.
3. Pat out the dough into circle approximately 8 inches in diameter, with a
slight lip around the edge, like a pizza crust. 4. Sprinkle the parsley over the
top of the dough. Be sure the dried parsley flakes are crushed fine. You can
easily crush the flakes in a small bowl with your thumb and forefinger.
5. Sprinkle the crab over the top of the dough. 6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese
over the crab. Don't go all of the way to the edge of the dough leave a margin
of a half-inch or so around the edge.
7. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the cheese on top begins to slightly brown.
8. Combine the remaining butter with the garlic powder and brush it over the top
of the bake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Slice it like a pizza into 8
pieces and serve hot.