Steamed Flounder Chinese Style
4 fillets of flounder, dark skin removed
4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced diagonally
1 in (2.5cm) cube fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
1 tablespoon good quality light soy sauce
Frilled spring onions to garnish
1. First set up the steamer.
2. Place half the spring onions and ginger all over a large plate.
3. Lightly brush each side of the flounder fillets with soy sauce and lay them
4. Scatter with the remaining spring onions and ginger.
5. Cover with an inverted matching plate to steam for 6 minutes, or until the
fillets are just cooked.
6. Transfer to 4 warmed plates, garnish with the spring onions, pour any cooking
juices over each fillet and serve immediately