Fish in a Bag
Courtesy of Red Lobster
Makes 4 Servings
8 sheets parchment paper
4 servings Vegetable Mix (see recipe below)
12 lemon wheels, each cut into 1/4" pieces
4 thyme springs, approximately 3-5" each
1 tsp. Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic
4 8-10 oz. pieces of tilapia, skin off
VEGETABLE MIX RECIPE:
1 medium red onion, cut into half slices
1 medium red pepper, cut into 1-1 1/2" x 1/4" strips
2 stalks of celery, sliced into 1/4" pieces
8 oz. carrot slims
2 tbsp. of McCormick's "It's a Dilly" Seasoning Blend
2 baking potatoes
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
1 tsp. Chef Paul Prudhomme's Vegetable Magic
1. Wash all vegetables.
2. Peel the onion and cut in half. Slice into 1/4" half moons.
3. Cut the red pepper into 1-2" long by 1/4" wide strips.
4. Trim the celery and cut into 1/4" pieces.
5. Cut the potatoes in half in the middle and then into 1/6ths. Steam potatoes
for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Cool in ice water to stop
cooking. Once cooled, drain well.
6. Place all vegetables into a mixing bowl.
7. Add the following to the vegetables: It's a Dilly seasoning blend, kosher
salt, ground pepper, chopped thyme and Chef Paul Prudhomme's Vegetable Magic.
8. Mix well.
1. Make 3 to 4 1/4" slices approximately 1/2" apart. This will ensure even
2. Brush the tilapia with liquid butter and then season with kosher salt.
3. Lightly sprinkle Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic on the fish.
LAYERING THE BAG:
1. Brush each piece of parchment paper lightly with liquid butter (one side
2. Place 1/4 of the vegetable mixture in the center of one sheet of parchment
3. Place one piece of tilapia on top of the vegetable mixture.
4. Place three lemon wheels across the fish.
5. Place one large thyme sprig on top.
6. Repeat with the other three pieces of fish.
SEALING THE BAG:
1. Place one sheet of the buttered parchment paper on top of the tilapia.
2. Crimp the two sheets of parchment paper like a piecrust until the bottom and
the top are completely sealed.
3. Repeat with the other three pieces of fish.
1. Place the bags of tilapia onto a cookie sheet.
2. Cook in a 450-degree oven for approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
3. To check the temperature, insert a probe into the side of the bag until you
have reached the middle of the fish. The temperature of the fish should be
between 140-150 degrees.
4. Place the bag onto a plate. Slice the parchment open right at the table to