Yield: 4 servings
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 TBSP sesame seeds
2 tsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp allspice
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne
2 1/2 TBSP cooking oil
1/2 tsp vinegar
2 pounds bluefish fillets
1. In a blender, puree the onion, garlic, and sesame seeds with the brown sugar,
allspice, thyme, nutmeg, 1 tsp of the salt, the black pepper, cayenne, oil, and
vinegar. Heat the broiler. Lightly oil a broiler pan or baking sheet.
2. Heat the broiler. Lightly oil a broiler pan or baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle both sides of the bluefish fillets with the remaining 1/4 tsp salt
and put them on the prepared baking sheet, skinned-side down.
4. Spread the spice mixture over the fish in an even layer.
5. Broil the fish until well-browned and just flaky, about 5 minutes for