Black Sea Bass with Roasted Corn and
Yield: 4 servings
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
2 cups corn kernels
2 TBSP cooking oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 pounds sea bass, cut into 4 fillets
1. Heat the oven to 450°. In a large roasting pan, combine the red and yellow
bell peppers, the corn, 1 TBSP of the oil, and 1/4 tsp each of the salt, pepper,
and thyme. Roast in the oven until the corn and peppers start to brown, about 12
minutes, stirring twice.
2. Set a fine-mesh sieve over a blender. Strain the sauce, pressing on the
chunks to extract the liquid.
3. With the blender on, slowly pour in the remaining 3/4 cup of oil until
4. Rub the remaining TBSP oil over both sides of the fish. Sprinkle the fish
with the remaining 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper, and thyme.
5. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and push the corn-and-pepper mixture to
the sides of the pan. Put the fish in the center of the pan, skin-side down, and
cook until just done, about 15 minutes for 1-inch-thick fillets.
6. Serve the fish with the corn and peppers.