Apple Pie Custard Bake
Posted by: Mai Fri, 23 Apr 2004, at 9:51 a.m.
can of apple pie filling
3 large tablespoons of chunky applesauce
3 cups of milk
2 tablespoon vanilla
pinch of salt
fresh french bread
butter (one pat per each slice of bread used)
Preheat oven to 325 Using 11/9" glass baking dish
1) Mix apple filling and applesauce...spread over bottom of baking dish.
2) Sprinkle generously with cinnamon
3) Beat until frothy...vanilla/milk/eggs/salt
4) Cut fresh french bread into 1" slices...soak in liquid mixture
5) Layer slices to cover all of baking dish
6) Place in pat butter on each slice of bread and sprinkle again lightly with
7) Pour remaining liquid over entire dish. I like to cover and let sit over
night. Bake for 1 hour or until 'sits' and is golden brown.