Cream Cheese Brownie Pie
Posted by: Elaine Sat, 29 May 2004, at 6:24 a.m.
1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust from 15-ounce package, softened as directed
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (15.1-ounce) package Pillsbury Thick n' Fudgy Hot Fudge Swirl Deluxe Brownie
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one
crust filled pie using 9-inch pie pan.
2. In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and one of the eggs;
beat until smooth. Set aside.
3. Reserve hot fudge packet from brownie mix for topping. In large bowl, combine
brownie mix, oil, one tablespoon of the water and remaining two eggs. Beat 50
strokes with spoon.
4. Spread 1/2 cup brownie mixture in bottom of crust-lined pan. Spoon and
carefully spread cream cheese mixture over brownie layer. Top with remaining
brownie mixture, spread evenly. Sprinkle with pecans.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is puffed and crust
is golden brown. If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15
to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Pie may have cracks on
surface. Remove from oven.
6. Place hot fudge from packet in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high
for 30 seconds. Stir in remaining tablespoon water. Drizzle fudge over top of
pie. Cool three hours or until completely cooled. Store in refrigerator.