Kahlua Pumpkin Pie
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
2 large eggs, beaten
1 prepared piecrust
1. Line a 9-inch pie pan with your favorite pastry crust and chill.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F.
3. Combine milk, sugar, Kahlua, corn syrup, spice and salt in a large mixing
bowl and blend well.
4. Add pumpkin and eggs to the mixture, and blend until both pumpkin and eggs
are well incorporated. Set aside.
5. Bake pastry for 7-8 minutes until lightly browned. Pull oven rack out part
way and slowly pour pumpkin mixture into shell. Gently slide the rack back into
the oven and reduce the temperature to 325°F. Continue baking until filling is
barely set in center, about 40 minutes.
6. Remove and cool on wire rack. Serve with whipped cream.