Raspberry Pepper Glazed Ham
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
• 1 9- to 10-pound cooked bone-in spiral-cut ham
• 1- 1/2 cups seedless raspberry preserves
• 2 tablespoons white vinegar
• 2 or 3 canned whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, drained and chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon pink or black peppercorns, coarsely cracked
• Fresh raspberries and fresh herb sprigs (optional)
Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer into
the thickest portion of the meat but not touching bone. Bake in a 325 degree F
oven until the thermometer registers 130 degrees F. Allow 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 hours.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, stir together raspberry preserves, vinegar, chipotle
peppers, and garlic. Bring just to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered,
for 5 minutes.
3. 3. Brush ham with some of the sauce. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until
the thermometer registers 135 degrees F, brushing once or twice with additional
sauce. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with peppercorns. Cover ham with foil and let
stand for 15 minutes. (Temperature of the meat will rise 5 degrees F during
To serve, carve the ham. Reheat remaining sauce and pass with ham. Garnish with
raspberries and herbs, if desired. Makes 16 to 20 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 250, total fat: 7g, saturated fat: 2g, cholesterol: 68mg, sodium:
1676mg, carbohydrate: 15g, fiber: 0g, protein: 31g