Breaded Pork Loin Sandwich
Posted by: macklinda Fri 28 Oct 2005 7:38 am
4 slices of pork loin, ˝ inch thick
1 cup of flour
1 egg slightly beaten
1 cup of milk
1 sleeve of saltine crackers
Oil for frying
4 hamburger buns
1. Pound the pork loin until double in size.
2. Combine the milk and egg.
3. Put the crackers between two sheets of waxed paper and with a rolling pin,
crush them until they resemble grains of sand.
4. Dredge the pork loin in flour then in the egg and milk mixture. Drain
slightly and dredge them in the cracker crumbs. Press the crumbs in lightly and
shake off the excess.
5. Preheat a sauté pan with ˝ of oil over medium heat (325 degrees).
6. Fry the pork loin for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Don’t
worry, they will be fully cooked. Drain on paper towels.
7. Spread mayonnaise on the top half of each bun and add a lettuce leaf and two
slices of tomato. Lay the pork loin on the bottom half of the bun and serve.
Note - You can cut the pork loin 1 inch thick and butterfly it for a larger