Slow Cooker Mile High Beef Sandwiches
Posted by: Jerseygirl Fri 3 Feb 2006 6:39 am
3 lb. chuck roast, or round steak, trimmed of fat
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup sliced celery
2 cups lower-sodium, 98%-fat-free beef broth
1 garlic clove
3/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
3 drops Tabasco® sauce
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. In skillet brown both sides of meat in oil. Add onions and celery and sauté
briefly. Transfer to slow cooker. Add broth.
2. Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours, or until tender. Remove meat from cooker and
cool. Shred beef.
3. Remove vegetables from cooker and drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups broth. Combine
vegetables and meat.
4. Return shredded meat and vegetables to cooker. Add broth and remaining
ingredients and combine well.
5. Cover. Cook on High 1 hour. Remove bay leaf.
6. Pile into 8 sandwich rolls and serve.
Makes 8 servings (Ideal slow cooker