Tangerine Cranberry Turkey Sandwich
Posted by: jack Thur 1 Dec 2005 10:11 am
1 cup cream cheese, softened
1 cup tangerine cranberry marmalade
1/4 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
6 sour dough buns, croissants, or your favorite bread
1 head red leaf lettuce
2 cups arugula sprouts
1-1/2 lbs. leftover turkey meat
1. Blend cream cheese, cranberry marmalade and almonds in large bowl.
2. Split buns or croissants in half.
3. Spread cream cheese/cranberry mixture on bottom.
4. Top with turkey.
5. Add lettuce and sprouts.
6. Top with other half of bun or croissant.
7. Serve sandwiches with spicy potato chips.
Tangerine Cranberry Marmalade
1-12 oz. bag fresh cranberries
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
2 Tbsp. peeled, chopped ginger
1- 3” cinnamon stick
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel tangerines.
2. Remove white pith strands from peels and tangerine flesh.
3. Sliver enough peel to make 1/4 cup.
4. Place peel in large non-reactive saucepan with remaining ingredients.
5. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until liquid is slightly reduced
and berries burst.
6. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Segment tangerines.
8. Cut off inner edge of each segment, removing seeds.
9. Add tangerines to cranberry mixture.
10. Increase heat.
11. Bring to boil.
12. Simmer 5 minutes, until thickened, stirring often.
13. Remove cinnamon stick. Set aside.