South Of The Border Pockets
Posted by: Tuddles Sat, 6 Mar 2004, at 6:00 a.m.
Pita rounds are filled with cheese, tender chicken, fresh bell peppers, and taco
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
• 1/2 cup ORTEGA® Medium Taco Sauce
• 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
• 4 pita rounds, cut in half
SPRAY large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add
chicken; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add onion and bell
pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are
crisp-tender. Add taco sauce and beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2
SPOON chicken mixture into pita pockets. Top as desired.