Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chip
Posted by: Mai Tue, 9 Mar 2004, at 8:12 a.m.
3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEYS SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
2 cups chilled whipping cream
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
3. Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are
4. Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough
forms (about 2 minutes). Pat dough into 4-1/2 x 16-inch rectangle about 1-1/4
inches high. Divide rectangle into 12 smaller rectangles each measuring 1-1/2 by
4 inches. Cut each rectangle diagonally, forming a total of 24 triangles.*
Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with
melted butter and sprinkle with additional sugar.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm, sprinkled with
powdered sugar, if desired. 24 scones.
* Rectangles can also be cut crosswise into smaller rectangles about 1-1/2 by 2