Pumpkin Cutout Cookies
3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tbsp orange zest
1/2 cup canned or fresh cooked pumpkin
1 egg yolk
1 tsp pure vanilla
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine with electric mixer the butter, brown sugar
and orange zest.
3.Add the pumpkin, egg yolk, and vanilla.
4. Gradually add the flour and spices.
5. Mix with your hands to create a soft dough.
6. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Divide dough into two pieces.
8. Roll out each piece to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface.
9. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
10. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
11. Decorate with favorite frosting and candies.