Ginger And Cranberry Pudding
Posted by: Tuddles Thu, 11 Mar 2004, at 4:58 a.m.
225g/8oz caster sugar
225g/8oz self-raising flour
110g/4oz fresh cranberries
110g/4oz dried cranberries
4 pieces stem ginger plus 2 tbsp syrup from the jar
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp port
1 tbsp cranberry or redcurrant jelly
1. Chop the stem ginger into small pieces.
2. Mix the cranberry jelly, port and fresh cranberries together and put in the
base of a lightly greased 1.2 Litre/2 pint pudding basin.
3. Cream the butter and the sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and
4. Fold in the flour, ground ginger, dried cranberries and chopped stem ginger.
5. Turn into the pudding basin. Cover with a circle of baking parchment and
foil. Secure the top with string and make a string handle from one side of the
basin to another.
6. Steam for 2½ hours. Insert a skewer into the pudding to make sure it is
cooked. Turn out of the dish and serve with cream or vanilla ice cream.