Turkey and Black Bean Wraps
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups chopped, leftover turkey
2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch diced (about 2 cups)
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 10-ounce can tomatoes with green chiles
1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
12 flour tortillas
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add bell peppers, garlic,
oregano and cumin; cook, stirring, until pepper softens, about 5 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, beans and vinegar; cook, stirring occasionally until thickened,
about 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat one tablespoon olive oil in a skillet; add turkey and
sprinkle with chili powder. Heat and stir for about 5 minutes. Cover and set
4. With back of spoon, coarsely mash some of the beans. Taste and season with
salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Heat tortillas in a dry skillet or microwave. Spoon bean filing onto
tortillas and layer with seasoned turkey. Wrap and serve.
Makes 6 servings.