Pumpkin Spice Bars
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
7 tablespoons melted butter
1 2/3 cups plus 1/4 cup sugar (divided)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15x11" pan with foil; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1/4 cup of sugar until
well combined. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Using a measuring cup with a
flat bottom, smooth mixture to form an even crust.
3. Bake crust until fragrant, about 6 minutes; let cool completely.
4. In a medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and
salt. In a separate bowl beat eggs, remaining sugar, pumpkin puree and oil. Stir
in flour mixture.
5. Using a rubber spatula spread pumpkin filling evenly over cooled crust in
6. Bake until filling pulls away from pan, 25-30 minutes; let cool completely in
7. Frost the top of the cooled bars with the cream cheese frosting. Cut into
bars. Makes about 24 bars.