Weight Watchers Vegetable Dinner Rolls
WW Pts: 3 for 1 Roll
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups Kellogg's Complete Wheat Bran Flakes cereal
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon herb-spice seasoning
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup water
2 tablespoons margarine
2 egg whites
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup sliced green onions
2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
1. Stir together flours. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine cereal, 1 cup of the flour mixture,
sugar, salt, seasoning, and yeast. Set aside.
3. Heat water and margarine until warm (115-120° F). Using regular
beaters, add water mixture and egg whites to cereal mixture. Beat on
low speed with electric mixer 30 seconds or until thoroughly
combined. Increase speed to high, beating 3 minutes longer, scraping
bowl frequently. Mix in vegetables.
4. By hand, stir in remaining flour to make sticky dough. Cover
loosely. Let rise in warm place until double in volume. Stir down
batter. Divide evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated
with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
5. Let rise in warm place until double in volume.
6. Bake at 400° F about 17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts: Yield: 12 rolls
Serving Size: 1 roll
Calories: 160;Fat: 2 g;Sodium: 290 mg;Carbohydrates: 31 g;Cholesterol
0 mg;Fiber: 3 g;Sugars: 4 g;Protein: 5 g