WW: Apple Pancake Soufflé (4 points)
Posted by: DSredTX Wed, 11 Feb 2004, at 5:36 p.m.
1 cup + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups egg substitute, fat free
2 cups skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. unsalted margarine (stick)
6 apples, peeled, sliced thin
3 tbsp. light brown sugar, firmly packed
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon; make a well in
the center. Add the egg substitute, milk and vanilla; whisk until thoroughly
3. Place the margarine in a 13x9-in. baking dish; place in the oven until the
margarine is melted and sizzling, about 3 minutes. Add the apples and mix gently
4. Bake until the apples are heated through, about 5 minutes.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the apples; sprinkle with the brown sugar. Bake
until the soufflé is puffed and golden and a knife inserted in the center comes
out clean, about 35 minutes. Serve at once.
Serving Size : 8
Serving provides: 1 Bread, 1 Fruit/Vegetable, 1 Protein/Milk, 1 Fat,
30 Bonus Calories
POINTS per Serving: 4