WW: Cinnamon Rolls (4 points)
Posted by: DSredTX Wed, 11 Feb 2004, at 5:35 p.m.
1 (16-oz.) box hot roll mix
1 cup very warm water (120º-130ºF)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp. reduced-calorie stick margarine, softened & divided
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tbsp. fat-free milk
1. Place contents of roll mix box (flour mixture & yeast packet) in a large
bowl. Add very warm water, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 tbsp. margarine, and egg,
stirring until moist. Shape dough into a ball.
2. Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 tbsp. flour evenly over work surface. Turn dough out
onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 min.). Cover and
let rest 5 min.
3. Sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp. flour evenly over work surface. Roll dough into a
16x10-in. rectangle on floured surface; spread remaining 2 tbsp. margarine over
dough to within 1/2-inch of edge. Combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon;
sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle with raisins. Roll up dough, jelly-roll fashion,
beginning at 1 long edge; pinch seam to seal. Cut roll into 16 (1-in.) slices;
place 8 slices, cut sides down, into each of 2 (8-in.) round cake pans coated
with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85º), free from drafts,
30 min. or until doubled in bulk.
4. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
5. Bake at 375ºF. for 20 mins or until rolls are golden.
6. Combine powdered sugar and milk, and stir well. Spread glaze over warm rolls.
NOTES : Yield: 16 servings; 4 pts. each