2 teaspoons olive oil
10 ounces ground skinless turkey breast
1 onion, chopped
One 28-ounce can whole tomatoes (no salt added), coarsely chopped
One 6-ounce can tomato paste (no salt added)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon sugar
12 no-boil lasagna noodles
2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2. In a large nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil. Add the turkey and
onion; cook, stirring as needed, until the turkey is browned and the onion is
softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano and
sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the flavors
are blended, about 5 minutes.
4. Spoon one-third of the sauce in the bottom of a 13 X 9" baking pan; top with
3 of the noodles; spread with half of the cottage cheese, and top with 3 more
noodles. Repeat the layering once more, ending with the sauce. Sprinkle the
mozzarella cheese evenly on top.
5. Bake, covered, 1 hour; uncover and bake until cooked through and golden,
about 10 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING: 275 Calories, 5 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 37 mg Cholesterol,
359 mg Sodium, 31 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 26 g Protein, 202 mg
SERVING PROVIDES: 1 Bread, 1 Fruit/Vegetable, 3 Protein/Milks.
POINTS PER SERVING: 6.
MAKES 8 SERVINGS