5 lb Pork spare ribs
1/4 cup Brown sugar, dark, firm-packed
1-1/2 ts Salt
1 Beef bouillon cube
1 ts Onion powder
3/4 cup Water, boiling
1/4 ts Garlic powder
1 ts Oil
2 tb Worcestershire sauce
1 cn Pineapple, crushed, undrained
2 tb Cornstarch
1/4 cup Water, cold
1. Cut ribs to form individual portions; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
2. Place ribs on a rack in a shallow baking pan; bake in preheated 375'F. oven until almost tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Drain off fat.
3. Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water in a medium-size saucepan.
4. Add oil, pineapple, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and remaining salt; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
6. Combine cornstarch with cold water in a small bowl; stir into sauce mixture. Cook and stir until thickened.
7. Spoon sauce over drained, baked ribs.
8. Increase oven temperature to 425'F.; bake until nicely glazed, about 30 minutes.