Chyrel's Recipes From Friends
Recipes Collected By Our Dear Friend Wayne Riley
1) Sift and measure 6 cups flour.
2) Add 1 tsp. baking powder and 1 tsp. salt and sift together three times.
3) Cream 1 lb. soft butter with 1 1/2 cups sugar.
4) Add 2 tsp. anise seed and continue beating until light and fluffy.
5) Add two eggs which have been beaten at high speed two minutes. Mix
6) Add flour mixture one cup at a time until all is used, mixing well after
7) Pour 1/2 cup brandy (or 1/2 cup orange juice) over dough. This will
hold dough together. Mix well.
8) Roll out and cut into fancy shapes. Dip in cinnamon-sugar and bake at
350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
9) Cinnamon-sugar combo: 1/2 cup sugar with 1 tbsp. cinnamon.