WW: Banana Cream Pie
Posted by: Sass Mon, 12 Apr 2004, at 8:59 p.m.
Banana Cream Pie
8 servings* @ 4 WW pts per.
Prob. less if you use sugar substitute for the sugar*
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups skim milk
3 egg whites or eggbeaters
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 9" low fat piecrust
2 bananas, sliced
fat free whipped cream (optional)
fat free chocolate syrup (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan combine sugar, flour and salt.
2. Stir in 1 cup of milk, mix until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat,
stirring constantly until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat.
3. In a bowl combine eggbeaters and the remaining cup of milk.
4. Slowly add egg mixture to the slightly cooled milk mixture and blend.
5. Return saucepan to the heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, lower
heat and simmer until mixture thickens a bit more.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
7. While mixture is cooling, spread sliced bananas to the bottom of the
8. Pour mixture into the piecrust.
9. Cool completely and serve topped with fat free whipped topping.
Approximate Nutritional Breakdown:
Per serving: Calories 200, Protein 4.6g, Carbohydrates 42.5g, Fat 2.2g