WW: Sea Scallops on Fettuccine (6
Posted by: DSredTX Wed, 11 Feb 2004, at 5:32 p.m
2 tsp. grated lime rind, divided
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
1 lb. sea scallops, halved lengthwise
1 (9-oz.) pkg. refrigerated spinach fettuccine
1/4 cup sliced green onions (about 3 large)
1. Combine 1 tsp. line rind and next 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; add
scallops, and let stand 5 minutes, turning once.
2. While scallops marinate, cook pasta according to pkg. directions, omitting
salt and fat. Drain well. set aside; keep warm
3. Remove scallops from marinade, reserving marinade.
4. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat
until hot. Add scallops; cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.
Remove scallops from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
5. Add marinade mixture to skillet, and cook 1 minute, stirring to scrape
particles that cling to bottom of skillet.
6. Combine pasta and green onions in a large bowl. Add scallops and marinade
mixture to pasta mixture; toss lightly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon lime
Yield: 4 servings